ROSEMARY OVEN-BAKED DUCK BREAST WITH PUMPKIN MASH
Serves: 1 big dog or 2 small dogs
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
1 boneless duck breast, skin removed
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, chopped
50g pumpkin, cubed
1/2 cup vegetable medley (this recipe uses julienned carrot, diced apple and lettuce leaves)
1 tbsp olive oil
thyme sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Pat the duck dry and rub with rosemary, and then drizzle with olive oil.
- Transfer meat onto the baking dish and bake for 20 to 30minutes, or until cooked.
- Let cool, and slice into pieces (this will vary based on dog size).
- While the duck is in the oven, bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Add the pumpkin in and boil for 15 to 30 minutes or until soft, drain, and then mash with a potato masher.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan, and add julienned carrots in to cook for five minutes.
- Dice apples into small cubes.
- Separate lettuce leaves, wash, and pat dry.
- Plate the duck breast, pumpkin mash and vegetable medley,and then garnish with thyme.
- Immediately serve to your pooch.
- For a more active dog, you can leave some skin on the duck.