Banana and Yoghurt Parfait
Serves 2 large dogs or 4 small dogs
Prep time 5 minutes for parfait; 5 minutes for granola
Cook time 5 minutes for parfait; 10 minutes for granola
2 ripe bananas, mashed
8 tbsp plain sugar-free yoghurt, chilled
2 tbsp oats
2 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp honey
- Mash the bananas with a fork (they don't have to be completely smooth—tiny chunks of banana are fine).
- Add 2 tablespoons of chilled yoghurt to the mashed bananas, and mix well.
- Assemble parfait ingredients in a glass. Alternate between a layer of banana yoghurt mixture and a layer of yoghurt (as pictured). You may even include layers of sliced banana for added texture.
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Mix oats, coconut oil, and honey together.
- Spread out the mixture in a single layer on a baking sheet. To ensure even browning and baking, do not leave oats in clumps.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden-brown
- After baking, leave granola to cool, and then top parfait in your desired
* Bananas are a good source of nutrients like potassium, manganese, biotin,
copper, and vitamins B6 and C. However, due to their high sugar content, they
should be fed to dogs in moderation. When giving your furkid banana for the first
time, keep an eye out for any potential allergies or adverse reactions, such as