STRAWBERRY AND CHEESE TARTLETS
Serves 10 large dogs or 20 small dogs (makes 20 mini tarts)
Prep time 30 minutes for tart shells; 10 minutes for filling
Cook time 25 minutes for tart shells
1½ cup oat flour; keep ½ cup flour for work surface
1 tbsp organic coconut oil
1 free range egg
3 tbsp water
225g cream cheese
10 tbsp plain Greek yoghurt
300g strawberries; cut into small pieces or keep whole, depending on how you’d like to decorate
• Preheat oven to 130°C.
• Combine 1 cup oat flour, oil, egg, and water in a bowl and knead into a dough.
• Flour work surface, then roll out dough to approximately 3mm in thickness, and cut out circles using a 6.5cm diameter circle.
• Place circles into a muffin tray and form a little bowl shape. Put uncooked rice or beans on top of the circles to prevent the tart shells from rising during baking.
• Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or till lightly golden.
• Remove from oven and cool completely.
• About 30 minutes before the tart shells are ready, remove cheese from refrigerator and allow it to reach room temperature.
• Whip cheese with a whisk (or electric mixer) till smooth.
• Add yoghurt, and whisk for another minute till well incorporated.
• Place filling into a piping bag and pipe into shells.
• Decorate with strawberries.
* Tarts are best assembled on the day of consumption to keep tart shells crunchy. Prepared tarts can be
refrigerated for up to three days.