Serves 10 large dogs or 20 small dogs (makes 20 pieces of candy)
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 20 minutes
120g pumpkin, diced
1 cup instant oats
• Cut pumpkin into 5cm cubes.
• Steam pumpkin for 15 minutes, and then pierce with a fork. If the fork goes through with ease, the pumpkin is cooked.
• Remove pumpkin from the steamer and let it rest for 5 minutes.
• While the pumpkin is still warm, mash in a bowl.
• Add raw instant oats and mix well, stirring for about 2 minutes until a doughy texture forms.
• Leave to cool further for another 5 minutes, and then begin shaping the candy.
• Wrap the candy in candy wrappers, wax paper, or even regular baking paper.
• Personalise with cute stickers and ribbons.
• For a treat within a treat, you can hide a blueberry or a small piece of meat in each piece of candy while shaping them. You can even hide pills inside if your furkid loathes taking medication.
• Before wrapping the candy, you can roll it in carob powder for added punch!
* Candy can be refrigerated for up to three days.
Recipe contributed by Feed My Paws.