PAW-SOME POOCH PIZZA
Serves 8 large dogs or 16 small dogs (makes eight palm-sized pizzas)
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp dried oregano
1 large egg
1 tsp peanut butter
1 tbsp frozen mixed vegetables
30g beef, sliced
cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
• Preheat oven to 205°C.
• Combine all the pizza dough ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix until the ingredients are smooth, and let it rest for 5 minutes.
• Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and gently knead once or twice.
• Divide the dough into 80g balls and using a rolling pin, press each ball into a circle—1/8-inch for a thin crust and 1/4-inch for a thick crust. Turn the dough slightly from time to time to ensure an even crust.
• Transfer the flattened dough circles to a pizza pan lightly greased with olive oil or a baking tray dusted with flour.
• Spread the peanut butter evenly over the pizza base, leaving a 3/4-inch rim uncovered. Top with the mixed vegetables, beef and grated cheese, and bake in a preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until the sides turn brown. Let it cool to warm before feeding to your furkids.
Recipe contributed by Vastitude Pet Food.