Fido goes trick-or-treating
Published on Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Serves 10 large dogs or 20 small dogs (makes 20 pieces of candy)
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 20 minutes
120g pumpkin, diced
1 cup instant oats
• Cut pumpkin into 5cm cubes.
• Steam pumpkin for 15 minutes, and then pierce with a fork. If the fork goes through with ease, the pumpkin is cooked.
• Remove pumpkin from the steamer and let it rest for 5 minutes.
• While the pumpkin is still warm, mash in a bowl.
• Add raw instant oats and mix well, stirring for about 2 minutes until a doughy texture forms.
• Leave to cool further for another 5 minutes, and then begin shaping the candy.
• Wrap the candy in candy wrappers, wax paper, or even regular baking paper.
• Personalise with cute stickers and ribbons.
• For a treat within a treat, you can hide a blueberry or a small piece of meat in each piece of candy while shaping them. You can even hide pills inside if your furkid loathes taking medication.
• Before wrapping the candy, you can roll it in carob powder for added punch!
* Candy can be refrigerated for up to three days.
Recipe contributed by Feed My Paws.