The greatest gift
Published on Thursday, 14 December 2017
Most dogs are social creatures, so what better way to spread Christmas cheer to your pup than to plan some fun-filled activities together with him over the festive holidays? Here are four to get you started.
One of the biggest social gatherings of the year, Christmas dinners are a great way to include Fido in the festivities. Instead of tossing your pooch scraps from your Christmas feast—which aren’t good for him anyway—create a separate spread for your furkid and invite some of his best friends (and their paw-rents) over for the celebration.
Make it happen:
- Put together a quick, fuss-free Christmas feast for Fido. Get tails wagging with his favourite treats as appetisers, unseasoned steamed turkey or salmon fillets for mains, and a dog-friendly log cake for dessert.
- What’s Christmas without presents? Plan ahead for a Secret Santa gift exchange—doggy edition. Kick it up a notch by getting every paw-rent to hide the gift they have prepared and getting their furry recipient to hunt for their present.
- The holidays are the paw-fect time to bring back the dreaded ugly sweater. Spice up your party by hosting an ugly sweater contest and get everyone to twin with their furkids. The pair with the ugliest sweaters wins!
Move that body
the season. Make penance fun for both you and your furkid by getting physical together. Your active pooch will be over the moon!
Make it happen:
- Opened in February this year, the 10,000 sq ft Singapore Indoor Dog Agility Arena (located at the Marina Country Club) offers a dog agility obstacle course that’s designed to strengthen your bond with Fido, as well as boost his confidence. At just $38 (per dog) per hour-long trial session, you and your furkid get to enjoy some basic obstacles, like bar jump and tunnel, with the guidance of an experienced handler.
- Comprising lush, green landscapes and plenty of open spaces, the Southern Ridges is a great spot for your rambunctious pup to frolick to his heart’s content. If you have a small furkid, take him on a scenic bike ride through the breathtaking flora and fauna using a bicycle pet seat.
For more fun-filled ideas on how to bond with your furkid over the holidays, flip to Together Time (pg 60) of our Dec 2017/Jan 2018 issue!